As we prepare to host CRC in 2014, we’ll be updating the site with new information (and trying to clean out some of the old information…) to make things easy for our guests. If anyone has recommendations or requests, let one of the board members (to the right ->) know!
The link downloads the meeting minutes from the July 10 planning meeting.
Cedar Valley ASHRAE Summer Planning Meeting – July 10 2012
We had a very productive first meeting in June and I’m pleased to announce that a preliminary schedule for the year has been set. All dates, topics, and locations still need to be verified, but this is what we are planning on for now. We hope you’ll be able to join us for as many of these as possible.
||Design Engineers Office
||Design Engineers Office
||Finish Program Planning & CRC Planning
||Brown Deer Golf Course
||Pump & Reinject Tour
||Cedar Rapids Federal Courthouse Tour
||Smart Grid Technology
||DL (back up Design Build vs Plan/Spec)
||Cedar Rapids Library – Joint with USGBC
I’ve also attached meeting minutes to this email and have uploaded them to our chapter website http://cedarvalleyashrae.org/. We’ve done a poor job in the past of keeping the website up-to-date, but we hope to post more relevant and timely information, so be sure to check it out if you want to know what’s going on with the chapter.
Since we’ve already wrapped up our planning for the year, we’ll be using our next meeting to discuss and begin planning the 2014 CRC. The meeting will be on Tuesday, July 10th from 5:30 – 7:00 pm, at Design Engineers’ Office. If you’re interested in learning more about a CRC and possibly providing some input and helping with the planning, please come to this meeting. Time commitments to help with the CRC vary from volunteering a couple of hours during the event to being the CRC General Chair, and everything in between. No matter what involvement you’d like to have, I’m sure we could find a place for you to help. Please RSVP to email@example.com if you’re planning to attend the meeting or are interested in helping with the CRC. Pizza and beverages will be provided.
The link downloads the meeting minutes from the June 14 planning meeting.
Planning Meeting – June 14 2012
Attached is a copy of the slides from Dr. Crawley’s lecture, Getting from Advanced Energy Design Guides to Net Zero Energy Buildings.
2011-04-19_ASHRAEDL_CedarValley_AEDGs to ZEBs_Crawley
Febraury Meeting Featured Gerard Iacouzze covering the topic of Duct Design. For further information, please feel free to contact Gerard, as well as, review the website mcgillairflow.com
ASHRAE Meeting Notes 020711
Here is a little plug for ASHRAE’s career services website that society has asked me to provide to chapter members:
“I am writing to ASHRAE chapter presidents regarding the success of ASHRAE’s career services website, ASHRAE Jobs. In less than two years, ASHRAE Jobs has helped more than 500 different companies find the right candidate for 1,500 open positions.
We thought you and your fellow members would like to know about this valuable tool for ASHRAE Members and HVAC&R hiring authorities. We have prepared a page detailing the story of ASHRAEjobs.com and its success here.
The Career Center offers several benefits for hiring authorities and job seekers:
• ASHRAE Jobs is user friendly. Its products and services equal the offerings from traditional big box boards such as Monster.com, yet its information and postings are specific to the ASHRAE Community.
• Due to its focus on HVAC&R engineering, Job seekers have a more effective search experience. Employers also have immediate access to a pre-filtered pool of talent for skills and experience.
• A unique feature is ASHRAE members are highlighted in search results. The online job application and resume forms require applicants to identify themselves by membership status. Employers can sort applications and resumes by membership status.”
As our March meeting quickly approaches, here is the information:
DATE – Tuesday March 8th
TIME – 5:30pm dinner, social, and webinar
LOCATION – Design Engineers, 8801 Prairie View Lane SW, Cedar Rapids
FOOD & BEVERAGES – Provided with paid annual chapter dues (questions – contact firstname.lastname@example.org), $18 otherwise
RSVP – By Thursday March 3rd email@example.com 319.841.1944
TOPIC – ASHRAE “Hot Topics” is a new program proposed by the Chapter Technology Transfer Committee to provide timely technical video presentations by first-class presenters for chapter events. The pilot program is a one-hour video presentation by Presidential Member and past Chair of SSPC 189.1, Kent Peterson, on ANSI/ASHRAE/USGBC/IES Standard 189.1-2009, Standard for the Design of High Performance Green Buildings.
1. ASHRAE society has requested that I pass on the attached information regarding spring 2011 online learning opportunities.
2. The chapter website is located at www.cedarvalleyashrae.org.
3. The 2011/2012 Cedar Valley Chapter will be in dire need of a new secretary! If you could volunteer, please let me know so I can pass this information on to the members of the Board of Governors.
4. At the April meeting, our chapter has the opportunity to host a Distinguished Lecturer! Mark your calendars for Tuesday April 19th – the program will take place at The Hotel at Kirkwood in Cedar Rapids, Iowa. The speaker will be Dr. Drury B. Crawley, Ph.D. and he will be presenting a lecture regarding getting from the ASHRAE Advanced Energy Design Guides to net zero-energy buildings (flier attached). More information to come in the next email towards the end of March or beginning of April. Please note that although this meeting is on a Tuesday, it will be on the third Tuesday of the month in lieu of our standard second Tuesday of the month.
5. We will also vote on the 2011/2012 BOG at the April meeting.
As our February meeting quickly approaches, here is the information:
DATE – Tuesday February 8th
TIME – 5:00 pm social, 5:30 pm dinner and program
LOCATION – Bandana’s Coralville
FOOD – Provided with paid annual chapter dues (questions – contact firstname.lastname@example.org), $18 otherwise
RSVP – By Thursday February 4th email@example.com 319.841.1944
TOPIC – Duct Design & LEED (speaker bio is attached)